It’s been another long and busy week of unpacking, unpacking and more unpacking. It’s kind of surprising how much unpacking I have to do when, looking around the new house, I have virtually NOTHING in this place. We’re looking pretty bare bones right now in most (er..all) of the rooms, and what we do have just doesn’t seem right. Too big, too small, wrong color…all my furniture was Goldilocks’d for my last place and I’m not really feeling it here. Why is it that after you buy a house, you want to furnish it, but you can’t furnish it because you spent your money on the house! Ugh!
Time to put away the stress for Friday Fashion!
Last week’s post on cute spring flats reminded me of a Lucky Magazine article I read about shoes and hemlines. As a tall girl, I’m always dealing with hemlines that seem off, and I have a tendancy to big out the completely wrong shoe (e.g. my most super high heels with my Regulars-but-really-need-Longs pants). I thought this article was a nice summary of how to do it right — skinnys with any shoe, floor-length wide-legs with platforms. Check it out!
Question: Do you have trouble finding the pants in the right length? Vent about it!
After spending the past two nights moving all my junk into the new house, this weekend will be the final push to get it all moved. Which will be a great relief, because then I can start cleaning and UNpacking. Joy!
One of my favorite ways to de-stress amongst all the house buying/moving is to browser shop (my online version of window shopping.)
Because spring is here and the temperatures are actually going to start reflecting that this weekend (woohoo for 75!), here are some flats I’m loving for the warmer weather:
(Clockwise, from top left)
1. Vince Camuto Women’s ONEDA Flat via Amazon. So cute. Anything coral just screams spring!
2. TOMS Silver Morocco Women’s Classics. I’ve done a complete 180 on TOMS. I used to think they were the ugliest things and now HAVE to have a pair. The only thing holding me back is that I can’t decide which design will give me the most mileage. That, and the whole I-just-bought-a-house-I-can’t-really-afford-new-shoes thing. Yeah, being responsible sucks.
3. Sperry Top-Sider Women’s Authentic Original Metallic Boat Shoe. I already have the tan leather boat shoes and they’re super comfortable. Gold ones would be really cute to dress up dark denim.
4. Miz Mooz Women’s Panther Ballet Flat via Amazon. Love the turquoise-green color and the scale texture. Pair with white cropped jeans or a white skirt.
5. Aldo Hilser. It’s the versatile nude pump, in flat form.
6. Express Satin Pointy Toe Flats. Cute, colorful and inexpensive!
Question: What’s your must-have for this spring?
In t-minus five days I’ll be signing on my first house! That means aside from work, I’ve been spending my time packing all my worldly belongings in preparation to move in next weekend.
Here’s the irony of starting a blog about moving in to your new house – you don’t actually have time to blog anything because you’re moving! I’ll be back with something of a regular blogging schedule soon. Stay tuned!